Author Topic: Motorcycle Crash on the 91W  (Read 2474 times)

Oki

Motorcycle Crash on the 91W
« on: May 03, 2007, 09:20:08 AM »
On my way to work this morning on the 91W, came across a motorcycle crash in the carpool lane. I didn't slow long enough to catch too much, but the front end of the bike was trashed, up against the center divide, and coolant everywhere. None of the cars that stopped around the crash (3) looked like there was any damage on them so I don't know if the rider had a mishap on his own, but then again, I didn't have much time to look at the cars either. I didn't see a body, but I did see one of those "brain bucket" helmets (the kind that the guys on harly's and choppers usually wear that just cover your scalp) laying on the ground near the bike. No ambulance/paramedic/CHP on the scene yet, or maybe they had already left???

At any rate, be careful out there guys.

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 01:37:56 PM »
That sucks..hopefully they're ok!!! I would never! wear a brain bucket...just for that reason.

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 02:23:11 PM »
Saw it on the news, heard it ended up on the opposite side of the fwy?

Emkay

Re: Motorcycle Crash on the 91W
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 03:44:00 PM »
Saw it on the news too. The guy hit the center divider and went over to the on coming traffic lanes. Didn't look good on the news. They had the drip bag out trying to revive him.

Oki

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 05:28:33 PM »
Quote from: "FerNie Rox!";p="2544"
Saw it on the news, heard it ended up on the opposite side of the fwy?

Could be. I think there were cars stopped on the eastbound side too, but wasn't sure.

Quote from: "Robm78";p="2544"
That sucks..hopefully they're ok!!! I would never! wear a brain bucket...just for that reason.

Amen to that. I wouldn't wear a helmet that only covers like 25% of your head. That's just me though.