Author Topic: RIP  (Read 6426 times)

weechona

RIP
« on: April 06, 2010, 11:05:59 AM »
This morning on my way to work I saw a flat bed tow truck run over a female biker.  Traffic was begining to build up and I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the tow truck coming fast, then a small puff of white smoke.  Next thing I know a bike was splitting lanes and she hit the side of the bed and down she went and the bike shot across the freeway on it's own.  I stopped to make sure 1) the driver wouldn't take off and 2) to check on the biker.  I felt real dizzy when I looked down and saw a body look like a pretzel and blood gushing out from the helmet.  I seen people go down on a bike before, but this was beyond what I ever seen.  I was able to help a fireman clear her airway or at least try while the rescue team showed up.  Once fire crews showed up they took one look at her body and ask me how long has she been like this and I didn't see them rushing to save her.  Then her boyfriend showed up later (don't know how he found out) but he began to cry, yell and scream.  CHP asked me to help and move him back.  He asked me if she was alive, concious or what.  I told him lets move and let the pro's do their job and she will be okay.  As soon as I said that they covered her in the white blanket and pronounced her dead.  He fell from my arms and began crying and punching the floor.  She was only 28 years old.  

My point here is for all you guys to always be careful, make smart decisions and  always be ready for anything.  You can be Valentino Rossi on your bike, but it takes one dumb a$$ to take your life.  May she rest in peace and god bless her loved ones.   :'( :'( :'(

Possible Fatality - 101 West Past Laurel Canyon Blvd 7:36 AM
* Message/Item Delivered LA Fire Department 7:37 AM
* Civ Mc Down vs Vehicle Blocking All Lanes 7:37 AM
* Per 98-S2 Issue Sigalert Unknown Duration 7:48 AM
* Issue Sigalert Unknown Duration for the 1-2-3 Lanes West 101 Just West of Laruel Canyon 7:49 AM
* Sigalert Issued Log 529-West 101 Just West of Laurel Cyn #1, 2 & 3 Lane Blocked Unknown Duration 7:51 AM
* Mc Under the Big Rig Driver in #1 Lane Per 98-42 7:55 AM
* #4 Lane 100 Yards Ahead There is a Big Rig Per 98-42 7:55 AM
* 98-42 #1 2 Lanes Blocked at this Time 7:55 AM
* CHP Unit on Scene 7:56 AM
* CHP Unit on Scene 7:56 AM
* Will Need Tow Truck Required Hd for Big Rig-Air Lines Broken 7:57 AM
* Message/Item Delivered Mid Valley with Hd ETA 30 7:58 AM
* CHP Unit on Scene 7:59 AM
* Confirmed Possible Fatality ; Request Sgt and Face Fait Kit ; 106 M Copies 8:00 AM
* CHP Unit on Scene 8:01 AM
* CHP Unit on Scene 8:02 AM
* CHP Unit on Scene 8:03 AM
* Message/Item Delivered Corner Unknown ETA Drive Time from Down Twn LA / Cc#2010-02413 with Investigator Hernandez 8:11 AM
* Message/Item Delivered Mid Valley-Copies Disregard 8:14 AM
* CHP Unit Enroute 8:15 AM
* Caltrans ETA 20 Mins 8:18 AM
* Transportation Management Center Copies Update 10-39 Media 8:19 AM
* Please Update Sigalert 1, 2, 3 and 4 Lanes Blocked 8:19 AM
* Update: Lanes 1, 2, 3 & 4 Blocked 8:21 AM
* CHP Unit on Scene 8:47 AM
* Thomas Guide Map Coordinates: Page 562, Grid 4G
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 11:08:40 AM by weechona »

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
Re: RIP
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:32:11 AM »
Dang that's fucked up! Crazy that you probably saw her take her last breath. May she RIP

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 12:09:05 PM »
Rick.....ur a good man

its hard to see someone go down and be that helpless....but you did the right thing by just being there and caring bro......

Ride safe guys.....the streets here in LA are getting more and more packed with cars......

swmayhem

• MSR Members
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 01:54:10 PM »
Damn, that sucks. Good job sticking around to help weech.

Trouble

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 02:07:29 PM »
Damn thats fucked up. May God be with her family. Be safe out there guys.1LUV
Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel Can Fly

juaner

• MSR Members
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 02:54:48 PM »
rip
live every day like if it the last day of ur life... no regrets

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 03:48:12 PM »

Chingon

• MSR 2013 ==>
  • MSR Members
  • Love it or Leave it!!!!!
    • Mayhem Street Riders
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 06:33:32 PM »
Damn that is horrible..sucks to see anyone lose their life...

Took some courage to stay out there Rick...hope your doing ok after witnessing something like that..

May she rest in peace....
Love it or Leave it!!!!
Get wit it or get left!!!
MSR Lifer!!!

Tommy650s

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 07:11:49 PM »
Tis to show, how for granted life is taken for. For all the many times a so called calculated risk is taken. Were we feel untouchabe, by the freedom hum of the RPM, as the asphalt passes beneath us 147 miles per hour, ridin the center line, weaving in and out of traffic, passing by hairline marker. Stuntin on the highway. I look back and think im in control, to have realized that endless possibilities exist with a " what if ". It takes a tragedy to sit us down and realize how close we have come at one time or another. And all though we greif when a fellow rider goes down eternal, no one understands why we get back on, it is our way of life. We ride in honor and memory of our fallen brothers and sisters, who ride long side of us every day. After I read this story, I felt like I knew this girl, as we are all the same breed, she was our sister, R.I.P.

Trouble

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 09:14:33 PM »
That was well put Tommy. May she rest in peace.
Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel Can Fly

smuv

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 09:16:09 PM »
RIP

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 11:29:59 PM »
http://cbs2.com/local/set.stuntwoman...2.1616115.html

Apr 6, 2010 8:53 pm US/Pacific
Stuntwoman, 28, Killed In Bike Crash On Way To Set
LOS ANGELES (AP) ?

A 28-year-old television stuntwoman is dead after she fell off her motorcycle and was hit by another vehicle while driving to a set in Los Angeles.

The Los Angeles County coroner's office says April Stirton was riding her motorcycle west on U.S. Highway 101 Tuesday morning when she attempted to pass a tow truck.

California Highway Patrol Officer Jose Nunez says Stirton was going about 55 mph when she lost control, fell off her bike and was struck by the back wheels of the tow truck. She died at the scene.

Nunez says Stirton's motorcycle skidded across two lanes and got stuck under the rear wheels of another truck. However, no one else was injured.

Missy Reynolds, who runs a stunt service agency and worked with Stirton, says Stirton was an up-and-coming performer who worked as a stunt double on TV shows, including "True Blood" and "CSI," and as an acrobat in live shows.

(© 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Brendel

• Orange Ranger
  • MSR Members
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 12:27:47 AM »
damn dude, i heard about this accident, crazy you actually saw it. RIP... but like i told some other riders; this is the reality we all have accepted when we decided to ride a motorcycle. this can happen to any of us at any time because of the nature of our 2 wheel lifestyle. you're very right about even the best of the best being easily taken out by the worst of the worst dumbass drivers on a cell phone, eating a burger, while drinking a soda with a dog on their lap that we share the roads with.
this is just one of the many things that open our eyes to the realities of our choices. calculated risks, as tommy puts them, are still risks. whatever you guys choose to do for the thrill, just make sure it's worth all of the possible consequences. in the worst case scenario, if you can say it was worth it; then we can die with no regret.

be safe out there brothers.

King

• Relax, It's just Sex
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 12:38:28 AM »
may she rest in peace. sucks she had to lose her life .. rick , it is alway great to see our brothers being able to try to help someone.. REMEMBER BROTHERS NEVER LEAVE YOUR FELLOW MAN  OR WOMAN WHEN THEY ARE DOWN..

frezank

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 09:17:09 AM »
Nicely said Tommy...May her soul rest in peace...

So they are saying that it might be her fault...that's crazy!