Author Topic: Down Rider on 105 Today..  (Read 8729 times)

Emkay

Down Rider on 105 Today..
« on: March 22, 2007, 08:44:18 PM »
RIP to the cat who lost his life this afternoon on the 105 at Prarie....The dude past me while I was in the cage stuck in Traffic from the 405 to the 105 west. I noticed him cuz I always move to the side for bikers, he gave me that thumb and keep moving through traffic. About a minute later as soon as I get on the 105 I see cars and traffic stopped and I already got that feeling in my stomach and sure enough all I see is cars turned every direction in the carpool lane, and then I looked and seen the dude laying face down...no movement and a gang of blood coming from under the helmet all over the freeway. The bike was laying about 50 yards down the freeway. I felt terrible because I had to get to my son's basketball awards so I couldn't stop...fuggen cagers were all standing around looking at each others cars while the guys just laid there. I wanted to just pull over and grab his hand or something cuz it looked bad...I called wifey to tell her to take another freeway cuz a biker was down, and she called me back 10 minutes later to let me know the radio was saying it was a fatality....One minute the thumbs up and 3 minutes later he's gone...I'm sad about this one even though I probably couldn't have done anything but just fucked up for him to die alone like that on a freeway...

BE SAFE BROS...

el mero mero

Re: Down Rider on 105 Today..
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 01:15:16 AM »
RIP...always be on the defense out there fellaz...dont trust the cages!

Speed Junke

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 09:56:36 AM »
Damn Emkay your recap brought a tear to my eyes, When my boy passed away, I lady was there praying with him.
Be Safe...

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 11:19:29 AM »
I hop on the 105 on sepulveda yesterday and start giving the gas bike when I see a city truck with a sign that said slow down stop ahead I was like wtf. Traffic has never been that bad on the 105 so I begin going through traffic and get on the carpool lane, further up before praire there is a bike in between the carpool's yellow lines on the kickstand and a guy standing next to it with his helmet off, as I get close to  him I see there is plastics on the floor but no big damage so I figured it was a minor hit. A few feet away I see cars merging out of the carpool lane as I get close to the crash seen I see a white sheet laying over what I believe was a backpack with some blood on the floor, and then I see the bike. The sheet didn't seem like it was covering a body so I figured the ambulance had taken the guy. I get home and my dad tells me a guy   died on the 105 and I was like oh shit. RIP to the rider.

SirHitmanG

• MSR Members
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 12:04:11 PM »
R.I.P. to the fallen rider.

they need to make a lane just for riders especially in cali, and florida
fuck you! pay me

magic..

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 12:17:52 PM »
Damn ...that sucks .May his soul r.i.p

Gonzo RR

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 12:23:29 PM »
Damn that's bad news RIP
 Be safe out there brothas!

Here in the Chi the season its getting started and there's a lot of people buying bikes...
I'm hoping we don't have a bad start

magic..

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 12:28:21 PM »
Quote from: "Gonzo RR";p="1240"
Damn that's bad news RIP
 Be safe out there brothas!

Here in the Chi the season its getting started and there's a lot of people buying bikes...
I'm hoping we don't have a bad start
Thats the bad thing about it ...New riders are just eager to pull out the bikes and go all crazy ...it happens every year.

Dark Cloud

• MSR Members
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 12:41:34 PM »
RIP 2 the fallen rider.

Guys lets look at this logically gas prices in LA are $3.00 & rising eveyday seems like.  Riding season is upon us & guys are going 2 buy bikes & their egos will get the best of them.  Trying ride outside their abilty & with cops cracking down U knows dudes that are riding dirty are going 2 run.  I got a bad feeling about this season.  Not about mayhem per se, but just the riding community in general.  Peace safe guys in all the chapters.  Cos we are all we got on the road.
"Ur the 1 who's always lonely & Eye'm the 1 who's always alone"
"2 live is 2 suffer, 2 survive is 2 find meaning within the suffering"
"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars": Kahlil Gibran
Ex obscurum EGO supervenio , ut obscurum EGO

Speed Junke

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 03:11:58 PM »
Have anybody seen that volvo add with the blind spot warning system. That's a well needed system.

CheapTimesLucky

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 05:13:52 PM »
one of the doctors at work told me yesterday morn that he was in malibu coming on the pch near tameskal canyon and he also saw a biker wit a white sheet over him... fuck man guys be safe locos

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 07:49:11 PM »
damn...RIP to the fellow rider, be safe yall.  I saw on the news this morning that there was a truck and bike collision in santa monica last night.  both the truck and bike caught on fire and were toast.  the volume wasnt up so im not sure of the details,but it looked bad.  it did seem like the biker survived tho...be defensive

smuv

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 05:08:55 PM »
R.I.P unknown biker!

Salty

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 05:19:12 PM »
R.I.P.

Be safe out ther guys.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 07:03:34 PM »
Quote from: "smuv";p="1352"
R.I.P unknown biker!

A little late on the topic, but  never too late to pay respects...the rider's name was Michael Carlton of Lynwood....a friend of one of my homies.  Be safe out there guys....

Quote:
Originally posted by Slowguy

OMG Just found out it was one my buddies who died in this horrible accident.......His name was Mike, married with kids. We played on the same softball team for the last 7 years on a Manhattan Beach softball league. I'm still in shock   May you rest in piece Mike...will miss you!

Rico

Jesus, Rico...serious? Damn...sorry to hear that. Is he in that picture on your desk?

Steph