Author Topic: another cop story, read and help please  (Read 4619 times)

Double_G

another cop story, read and help please
« on: July 08, 2008, 01:40:12 AM »
Seems like the man is picking on everyone these days,

long story short, I go to work in my truck, and come home to go to the gym and my lexus is gone it was parked in front of my house  ( was towed by signal hills pd ). there were signs up last week on thurs 7/3 that you couldn't  park there that day for work to street.
then all weekend friday, sat, and sunday the sign is the same. next thing you know i come home today 7/7 and there a new sign covering the old one saying you cant park there. I'm about 99 % sure that the sign was not there on sunday and that it was put up there early this mourning, but when i left my house i went to the alley to drive my truck and never went near the street where the lexus was.

is there anything i can do, I know i have to pay these fags tomorrow mouring to get my car back but is there any follow up for something like this, dont they have to post the signs a couple days in advance or something?

any suggestions, Please only post real stuff I dont need any crap right now i already have to pay probly bout $200 - $400 i dont have to get my car back in the mouring .

thanks

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 09:08:20 AM »
So sorry, call the PD and ask what are the procedures of signs being posted and try to find out if there were other cars towed with the same story.... maybe you can get together and file a complaint... doubt youll get your money back though.

Players do what they want, sukkas do what they can. :wink:

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 12:53:22 PM »
Signs must be posted at least 24 hours prior.But in your case signs already up.You will have to ask your neighbors?
See how long signs were posted!

Anonymous

Re: another cop story, read and help please
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 02:13:19 PM »
I say u sell the toyota (lexus) wut eva and fix your bike with the money......LOL hahaha :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Double_G

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 04:12:17 PM »
so to continue the story, I go tho the station to get my $125. release for the car from the PD. I speak to the sargent he's very nice to me compared to other cops i've meet here. He tells me that they have to post the signs 48hours in advance. he advd that he will find out who did the work and when the put up the signs, he advd sometimes they will put a code on back of signs saying when they put them up ( when i got home i check the signs, nothing on them ) he has his secratary look into it, she found a ltr that was sent out to people in that neighborhood, I advd him i never got the letter. He knows i rent so he said maybe your land lord got the ltr. either was he said he will look into it I will call him in a day or 2.

the brighter side was the letter he gave me clearly stated that they will be working on my block last week and next week the letter clearly stated that this week there would be no work going on.

so if the letter is the main focus of the fact i should have expected this work to be done then the letter he gave me clearly states that there should be do work done yesterday when my car was towed.

also the other part of the story

I go to tow yard, pay $170.00 more to get the car ( 110 for tow $60 for 2 days storage )

so my friend drops me off i pay for car, then they tell me the car is at there other yard 10 long blocks away. ( they can tell me the cost on phone but cant tell me exactly where my car is ) so my friend is gone, they suggest theres a bus i can take. i wait in the hot sun for 30 mins. no bus. I call a different friend to come get me, take me to the yard. they make we wait there another 25 mins for some1 to get there to give me the car.

And after all this when i get the car, what do i see........

A parking ticket, for $35.00 so they ticketed my car, then towed it also.

grand total $325.00 and 5 hours of work missed, Total losses, over $500.00 in a 24hr period and the biggest headache one man could ever have.

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 04:23:18 PM »
That blows. But looks like you might be able to take it in to court and get ALL of your money back including time missed from work.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 06:27:39 PM »
Good Luck wit da MAN on dis one homie.....LOL JK HEHEHHAHAHAHAHAHAThe city you live in sure got your booty that day.....hardy har har....LOL :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Double_G

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 07:47:15 PM »
i doubt the time off they will pay for but i'm gonna fight, and bitch and bother until they do something.  i gotta lots of cell minute and i write a damn good letter, when i use spell check. so well see what happens i'll post up as this butt raping drama continues.

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 07:50:29 PM »
Im sure you can include your lost time.

blayzwon

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 07:51:15 PM »
lol sorry to hear this shit man hope things start looking up

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 08:44:36 PM »
CJ, keep dreaming.... tow truck companies wont give you back the money....... it sucks hard core, but hey.... what goes around, comes around... remember DAT!

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 08:15:07 PM »
Lexus huh. When did this happen :?:

Double_G

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 10:41:18 PM »
i know the tow company ain't gonna give it back i'm gonna try from the city, I know it's a long shot, but every once in a while someone makes enough noise and common sense and gets there money back.

it's a shot in the dark but my $$ is worth trying for, come on nick, havent you ever had a dream before.

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 10:04:31 AM »
Yea, a wet dream...lol

weechona

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 12:28:25 PM »
try to low ball them.  Offer them $1.75 plus time served.