Author Topic: Blackberry Users  (Read 14203 times)

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
Re: Blackberry Users
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 09:31:21 AM »
This might help you....THe T-Mo G1 data plan and the Blackberry data plan are the same price...T-mo is raising the price of all their data plans except the Blackberry data plans

http://gizmodo.com/5069585/t+mobile-becomes-less-budget-increases-price-on-data-plans

Before T-Mobile customers start cheering for the long-awaited 3G services which began rolling out earlier this year, they might want to stop and think twice as rumors surface that T-Mobile plans to increase their data packages as early as the beginning of November. The cost of supporting the 3G network is now being passed on to consumers.

Some people will not be affected, such as Blackberry users who want unlimited data and unlimited messaging. Included among some of the changes is a data cap for T-Mobile Shadow users, at 50 MB and 100 MB respectively. Current T-Mobile customers who are planning to add data to their existing plans might want to do so now to grandfather the price.

crzysurf

• crzysurf
  • Administrator
  • Crzysurf
    • Facebook page
Blackberry Users
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 08:17:34 PM »
got to AT&T

Oki

Blackberry Users
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 02:11:14 PM »
Has the BB Bold come out yet? I've been waiting and Christmas is around the corner :D

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
Blackberry Users
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 03:30:26 PM »
Quote from: "Oki";p="23319"
Has the BB Bold come out yet? I've been waiting and Christmas is around the corner :D

Comes out on 11/4

I went to preorder mine last night at 2 different stores and they were already sold out...

Oki

Blackberry Users
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 04:28:38 PM »
Damnit.... Let me know how you like it if you ever get a hold of one.

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
Blackberry Users
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 12:17:05 PM »
I need a curve re flashed! I couldn't do it myself, the computer doesn't detect it because it won't turn on. I switched batteries, tried turning it on while hooked up to the charger and nothing.  

Anyone know of a a shop?

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 01:24:51 PM »
What provider does the Blackberry belong to ? ATT, TMO, Sprint ?

All you need to do is download Desktop Manager
Desktop Manager download

Install it and see if your PC sees the BB Device

if not try this link Try this

you may need to reinstall the OS on the BB.....let me know what provider it belongs to and I can get u the correct OS

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
Blackberry Users
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 01:45:04 PM »
It's for att, I do have desktop manager. But it doesn't detect it when I connect to the pc. I also tried using JL Cmder

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 02:11:29 PM »
Does JL Commander see the device ?

if so use Option 5 to wipe and set to Factory defaults

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 02:14:50 PM »
or download the ATT OS for your device

Download here

install it on your PC and then do these steps

1. Install the desktop software.
2. Install the handheld software. (If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.)
3. Pull the battery out of your device.
4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"
6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
7. Select the application loader icon.
8. Select all software you want installed.
9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.

THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.

If you do not get it by the 3rd time.. download the Blackberry java developers kit and install it. once installed find the javaloader.exe file and move it into the c:\ directory

Once it is under the c:\, go to start then run and type. cmd.exe

After the command prompt apears type in "c:\javaloader -usb wipe" to wipe the handheld

*The reason I have highlighted Step 13 is that this is very important to do BEFORE the DM tries to re-start your device because it WILL NOT re-intialize your device IF THE BATTERY IS NOT IN YOUR DEVICE.

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
Blackberry Users
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 04:06:22 PM »
I did try option 5 but Jl will not detect it either. I didn't bring it with me to work today but I'll try this out tonight!

swmayhem

• MSR Members
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2008, 10:57:15 AM »
hey ice check it out. now you can customize your bold. you can customize all kinds of other electronic devices too.

http://www.colorwarepc.com/p-165-blackberry-bold.aspx

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2008, 01:09:41 PM »
sweet....might order me one....

right now i am playing with a BB Storm that my buddy bought online from the UK....it's unlocked and working on ATT....its pretty sweet....

swmayhem

• MSR Members
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 02:07:42 PM »
tight! thats what im waiting for the blackberry storm. might have to switch service providers though.

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 02:22:21 PM »
att will get it in a few months

but you can buy a unlocked one for $400 online and slap in your SIM card and it works