Author Topic: Blackberry Users  (Read 14204 times)

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
Blackberry Users
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2009, 10:35:52 AM »
Quote from: "Double_G";p="25310"
8900 slower cpu, no 3gm not so great web browser. no touchscreen ( unless i missed it in the review ) no price set up yet. but i bet it's more than the 179.00 i paid for my g1.

I like my g1 the email suits my needs as a non business professsonal, I can see why it would meet ice's needs. at the end of the day, in nov. when i got it, there was no release date for the 8900 on t-mobile.

but i'm o.k. I sold my n-95 for enough of a profit that i only paid $47 out of pocket for the g1. but phones will always be a big rip off, they lock you into 2 year contracts but your gonna want a different phone before that period ends. something new comes out ever 6 months.  i'm good for now.
Yeah there's no touch screen functionality on the 8900.

At the end of the day both the g1 and 8900 are for tmobile so ehhh.  :lol:

CHINOE

• MSR Members
    • www.myspace.com/chinoemayhem
Re: Blackberry Users
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2009, 11:46:31 AM »
got the bold SUKKAS.... here is my pin number.... 24A77613

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
Blackberry Users
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2009, 08:27:00 AM »
Quote from: "Double_G";p="25310"
8900 slower cpu, no 3gm not so great web browser. no touchscreen ( unless i missed it in the review ) no price set up yet. but i bet it's more than the 179.00 i paid for my g1.

I like my g1 the email suits my needs as a non business professsonal, I can see why it would meet ice's needs. at the end of the day, in nov. when i got it, there was no release date for the 8900 on t-mobile.

but i'm o.k. I sold my n-95 for enough of a profit that i only paid $47 out of pocket for the g1. but phones will always be a big rip off, they lock you into 2 year contracts but your gonna want a different phone before that period ends. something new comes out ever 6 months.  i'm good for now.

Dude,,,the 8900 has a 512 mhz processor on it with 1gb of onboard ram compared to your G1 with a 300mhz process and 64mb of ram....what the fook are you talking about.....thats like comparing a hayabusa to a 600 !

the 8900 is the shit....so is the Bold...they are the newest platform for Blackberry.....high RES screen...watching DVDs on this thing is bad ass....sure the 8900 doesn't have 3g connection...but 3g isn't that much faster then 2g....trust me....plus why would you use 3g for internet when it has WIFI which is way faster....

sure the Web Browser isnt that of a iPhone or maybe even a G1.......but you got to be a lonely person to be surfing the net on your cell phone all the time.....

plus....with the G1's operating system Android being OPEN SOURCE...get ready for a shit load of virus attacks....there are reports of a hacked Android phones in Europe and the Chineese are producing fake G1 style phones with the Android operating system because you can go and download the source code and tweak it anyway you want....so that means...VIRUS....good luck with your 600cc cell phone why the rest of ride the 1000's and the Busa's .....

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2009, 08:32:52 AM »
and touch screens are for fags.....explains why CJ wants one....lol

for reals..the touch screen on the iPhone and the Storm are not practical for someone who emails and Text alot....trust me I played with both the iPhone and the Storm and the touch screen sux for trying to type emails and that......

example....on the iPhone you use your finger to scroll....then to select something you have to carefully tape in the right spot to select it.....if you have fat fingers you end up selecting the wrong thing.....on the blackberry your fingers get tired after 90 seconds of having to push the screen down on each letter.....the keyboard is still the best and easiest to use....

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
Blackberry Users
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2009, 02:31:58 PM »
We just got the Curve 8900 for AT&T, looks exactly like the Tmobile one except the color on the number keys

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
Blackberry Users
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2009, 06:09:56 PM »
Quote from: "FerNie Rox!";p="25994"
We just got the Curve 8900 for AT&T, looks exactly like the Tmobile one except the color on the number keys

How did you get it for ATT.....it's not out yet for ATT ?

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
Blackberry Users
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2009, 06:12:27 PM »
We get (here at work) handset before they become commercial. We get them in advance to develop games for them.

Dennis

• MSR Members
  • MALO MORI QUAM FOEDARI
Blackberry Users
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2009, 06:59:06 PM »
my pin#

209EA814
Mayhem Streetriders repping since 2004
E Pluribus Unum
MALO MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!

Double_G

Blackberry Users
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2009, 02:07:43 AM »
damn it ice, i just noticed all the hurtful things you said about my phone. lol i loved that g2 but it's sold now, and i'm off t-mobile on verizon now. using a 3yr old flip waiting to see if the bb niagara comes out in may.

crzysurf

• crzysurf
  • Administrator
  • Crzysurf
    • Facebook page
Blackberry Users
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2009, 10:26:12 AM »
I got a new bb and my pin is 24742539

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2009, 11:11:51 AM »
niagara is just verizon's version of the ATT Bold.....which is one bad arse phone.