Author Topic: SoCal Homes for Sale  (Read 65975 times)

Double_G

Re: SoCal Homes for Sale
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2009, 08:48:26 PM »
im so confused, i just want a house.

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2009, 01:02:07 AM »
CJ, go ahead and buy one then... thats if you can get a loan. ;D

Players do what they want, sukkas do what they can. :wink:

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2009, 09:05:42 AM »
im so confused, i just want a house.

becareful what u wish for....owning a home is a huge thing...make sure u can afford it and he taxes....keep in mind your taxes are about 10% of purchase price....so if you buy a $400k home your taxes will be around $4k a year....

do your homework....make sure you get a good loan....Nick knows his stuff.....loans are hard to come by these days...lenders are still throwing garage loans out there just to get ppl in homes and in 2 years they lose their home because their loan payment adjust on he 25th month.....

crzysurf

• crzysurf
  • Administrator
  • Crzysurf
    • Facebook page
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2009, 09:44:33 AM »
shit, i'd be looking to move back to Socal some time in the next few years.  not 100% sure where to buy a house though.  thought of SD, torrance and that areas, new port beach (that is lil out of my price range), and even HB.  loev the coast.

almost got suckered in buying a house that was a repo and with the loans at low interest rate and what not.  yet, always if something is too good to be true, it's not worth finding out.  one thing i did learn is watch the trend of the housing prices of houses in the area.  make sure the house has been inspected and no major repairs are needed unless you are willing to do them.  never ever go over your budget as if you get a loan for $500K, don't use all of it as that loan is (if it's a good one) is the MAX of your budget.  so you need to build in some safety net for anything that may come up.  ... shit you already know but i just like to hear /see myself talk.

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2009, 01:18:30 PM »
Tips to help confused buyers. Now, Im not a Realtor, or Loan Officer, but I am a homeowner, and a person who has nothing to gain from a person who is buying a home like a Realtor or a Loan Officer who do.

Trust no one when you are shopping for a house.

Look up houses on the internet for yourself in neighborhoods you like, then call the realtor listed and set up an appointment to look at it, This way you don't have anyone pressuring you into buying a house just because they need a quick sale. Don't let them talk you into looking at other houses either, they will try hard to do this; You are a walking sale and they don't want you to walk away because you are now so hard to come by. If you follow this rule, you will find it much easier to negotiate because you're only allowing them to show you that one house and if they can't get you to buy it, they know they probably won't get a chance to sell you another. If you let them show you other houses, they will discover your weaknesses and prey on them; you don't want them to get to know you too well and whatever you do, don't ever let them know the most you are looking to spend!

See you next week..lol

Rudogg

• MSR Site Admins
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2009, 01:56:08 PM »
Where the hell is the dude that started this post? He may answer your ? CJ jk lol

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2009, 02:02:43 PM »
Realtors are like car sales people, they're fuggen predators trying to snatch yo money!

frezank

« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2009, 03:35:28 PM »
Tell of how you really feel about realtors Fernie!  Dayum Fernie...relax!!!

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2009, 03:28:27 AM »
Come on now Burrito.... they're not all predators trying to snatch your money, there are actually some who work hard to get the job done, wether it be for your best interest or not.  Some are very well trained professionals that know their shit...

Check out this quick vid, this is what your up against!  :o   

COFFEE IS FOR CLOSERS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TROhlThs9qY

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2009, 11:08:25 PM »
They all are, look at byron

jk

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2009, 06:01:51 PM »
BUYERS AGENTS

If you look around in the paper in some advertisements, you will see buyers tips that are given to you by realtors. These "tips" they give you are there to build your trust and to brainwash you into believing that buying now is a good idea and that they can show you how to get a better deal. These "tips" as they call them are nothing more than propaganda delivered to you by the real estate industry. My favorite one is about "buyers agents"; how they will tell you that you should get a buyers agent because "they work for you to negotiate the best possible price". Common sense tells me that anyone who is going to be paid a commission on a sale is going to want the sale price to be as high as possible. Don't be fooled by this, no agent is going to help negotiate the price lower because of this conflict of interest; they certainly will try to make you believe this though!  Some like to refer to them as double agents.

A buyers agent can tell you anything they want without any legal consequences whatsoever. They can tell you that a house will be worth X amount more in a few years and when the price falls instead, that is your problem not theirs. That is one of the things wrong with the housing industry; there are "no rules" and "no protection!"

See you next week, and DONT TRUST ANYONE.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 06:03:37 PM by CORONA NICK »

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2009, 11:18:20 PM »
I need to start looking into this to see what the options are. All the info is overwhelming though, I need info with pix lol

frezank

« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2009, 09:18:05 AM »
Just like in kindergarden, Fernie only learned how to read with books that had illustrations...I wonder to this day how he learned how to write!

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2009, 11:56:29 AM »
Who said I knew how to write? Talk/type software is my friend.

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2009, 03:05:19 PM »
Typical Scenario: One day the wife asks her husband to look at some houses; it's Saturday morning.

Wife: "Why don't we look at some houses today?"

Husband: "Why would we do that? You know it's not a good time to buy, wait for prices to come down."

Wife: "I know, but why don't we just look and see what's out there?"

Husband: "What is the point if we're not going to buy?"

Wife: "Just to see what kind of a house would be good for us. What's the harm of just looking?"

Husband: "Ok, but remember, we are just looking?"

Wife: "Great, I'll get Suzanne." - [she immediately walks away].

Husband: "Suzanne????"

Suzanne [her "buyer's agent"] goes to take them to see a bunch of houses. The next morning, this is what happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubsd-tWYmZw&feature=player_embedded

Explained vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pzim8O7Fd0

No reading required..lol
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 03:09:19 PM by CORONA NICK »