Author Topic: SoCal Homes for Sale  (Read 65975 times)

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
Re: SoCal Homes for Sale
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2009, 03:30:12 PM »
Haha nice! And yeah thats the typical scenario. lol

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2010, 01:34:20 AM »
People focusing on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data for an accurate picture of the current housing market are missing the bigger picture. The data that most of the public dont see without digging deeper into foreclosure and pre-foreclosure data.  Shadow inventory, are houses that are not on the MLS, that banks are holding off to keep the appearance of low inventory. In fact, many houses dont even put up for sale signs anymore.  So an improving housing market has a ways to go in 2010.

Here is a chart that shows the number of houses for sale on the MLS, giving the appearance that there is low inventory.

At the peak of the bubble, 350,000 homes were sold a year in Southern California.  Last year, a supposedly banner year where over 40 percent of home sales were foreclosure re-sales, under 250,000 were sold.  This is a drop of nearly 30 percent from the peak sale year.

Here is a chart of the median price and the average number of houses sold in SOCAL.

Players do what they want, sukkas do what they can. :wink:

Double_G

« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2010, 02:13:31 AM »
i need a house for 150 k

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2010, 08:55:53 AM »
All i know is that I bought 3 houses in the last 12 months....paid cash ( i closed a few CD's and took out 100k out of my 457K )

these homes were for closed and the banks wanted rid of them. I got 2 of them at a auction and one from a friend who referred me.....3 homes @ $410k that are 80% paid off because I took a Helock loan out on one of them to do upgrades to all 3 of them.

I rent them out for now for $1800-$2300 a month now......

Once the market picks back up I will be able to sell them and make my money back plus a nice profit....

now if you going to tell me I am stupid.....go ahead.....I will see you at the bank in 18-24 months !

if they dont pay off by then....no biggie cuz i got an extra $6k coming in from rent each month from them and my payment on them is only $2800...so again I am ahead of the game.

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2010, 12:01:55 PM »

Chingon

• MSR 2013 ==>
  • MSR Members
  • Love it or Leave it!!!!!
    • Mayhem Street Riders
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2010, 01:24:02 PM »
I have a 1986 Donruss Jose Conseco Rookie Card that i am putting all my money on...lol

Money in the Bank Shorty what you Drank.....Money in the Bank Shorty what you Drank.....Money in the Bank Shorty what you Drank.....
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:44:35 PM by Chingon 35 »
Love it or Leave it!!!!
Get wit it or get left!!!
MSR Lifer!!!

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2010, 02:43:13 PM »
All i know is that I bought 3 houses in the last 12 months....paid cash ( i closed a few CD's and took out 100k out of my 457K )

these homes were for closed and the banks wanted rid of them. I got 2 of them at a auction and one from a friend who referred me.....3 homes @ $410k that are 80% paid off because I took a Helock loan out on one of them to do upgrades to all 3 of them.

I rent them out for now for $1800-$2300 a month now......

Once the market picks back up I will be able to sell them and make my money back plus a nice profit....

now if you going to tell me I am stupid.....go ahead.....I will see you at the bank in 18-24 months !

if they dont pay off by then....no biggie cuz i got an extra $6k coming in from rent each month from them and my payment on them is only $2800...so again I am ahead of the game.

First... I would not say your stupid.. because I know you arent.

Second... in your analysis wether or not its a good investment, you have to take into consideration Property taxes, Fire insurance, and maintance which can eat up much of your so called profits.

Third, from what you are saying, you invested over $400K of your own money, seems like a risky bet, but risky bets either pay off big, or you loose big... unfortunately, I dont think they will sale for much more than what you paid for them.. if these properties are in SOCAL, especially in only 2 years. 

Fourth, what I dont quite understand is, how do you have $2800 payments if the properties are paid off in full??? Or, close to being paid off? Having a payment that high leads me to believe you owe quite a bit of money, somewhere in the range of over $400K. Considering your loans are somewhere in the 7% interest rate, since these are investment properties, which makes bank charge a higher interest.

frezank

« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2010, 03:17:19 PM »
I have a 1986 Donruss Jose Conseco Rookie Card that i am putting all my money one...lol

Money in the Bank Shorty what you Drank.....Money in the Bank Shorty what you Drank.....Money in the Bank Shorty what you Drank.....

LMAO...should have sold it with your Garbage Pail Kids cards when you had the chance...

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2010, 05:39:13 PM »
i need a house for 150 k

What city CJ?

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2010, 06:34:11 PM »
Only place ur getting one for  150 is detroit.

150 will get ya a condo here in LA

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2010, 09:13:52 AM »
Nick
When you take a load out against your 401k or 457k you pay yourself back with a interest....plus i have a property management company to pay each month that maintains all the records and that for my tentants....so there is a fee in that as well. I could have paid them off with cash, but would have lost out on the taxes and that when it comes tax time.....my guy who is a investor for an investment firm here in LA has been advising me and after seeing his income and the properties he is sucking up the past 8 years I tend to think his method is working.....he is the only 35 year old that I know that could retire now and never have to work again.

plus I took out a helock loan to do repairs on the homes that I bought. 2 of the 3 homes are in West Covina and the other is in Alhambra.......either way if they dont make me huge money in 2 years due to the market not picking up I can always keep them as rentals and have 100% profit ( minus propety taxes) in 3 years time.

Double_G

« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2010, 02:35:41 PM »
Wish my 357 could get me 100k.

Nick - damn near any city. I just don't want to keep considering leaving The state for cheaper home cost. And yes I know I need to get my income up

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2010, 03:00:12 PM »
You're 357 can get u anything u want if you hold it up to the right person's temple

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2010, 11:09:12 AM »
CJ- This condo is close to where I reside, great area, west Corona... Thats if you are ok with a condo.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2380-Del-Mar-Way-UNIT-202-Corona-CA-92882/69280616_zpid/

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2010, 11:21:12 AM »
Ice... borrowing from a 401K is propably not the best way to invest. Reason why is because when you borrow from your 401K, that money that would have made money is no longer there to do so.... also, once you borrow from it, you have to repay with after tax dollars, and then when you finally do retire, you get taxed again, hence you are taxed twice for the same money..   I for one, am not a fan of 401K's unless, one does not have a mortgage, like CJ. If one has a mortgage, whats the point of the 401K... but to chase profits, that may or may not come to fruit. I know many say, dont put all your eggs in one basket, but thats when investing... and I think paying down ones mortgage is not investing, but more of a wealth preservation method. Personally, I think paying off a mortgage is more conservative than a 401K, providing a person with more liquidity,(easy access to cash) when needed.  Let me give you an example, if you had your house paid off in full, would you borrow against it to put in the stock market, ie. 401K?   I sure wouldnt...