Author Topic: Need some advice!!!  (Read 3667 times)

Anonymous

Need some advice!!!
« on: August 23, 2007, 01:37:05 PM »
Sup all!!

Got a question....

I was hit by a truck a few weeks ago *hit n run*...My exhaust *Competition Werks- Slip on* is on back order and the shop isn't supposed to get it in for like a month :/ SOO!! I was like Fugg that, I will just put a new exhaust on... Well, if I switch exhuasts I obviously need it re mapped. Well...They told me it would cost $350 to re map it...Does that sound right? cause I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
Need some advice!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 01:39:11 PM »
Dang I've never had that done but sounds like a lot.

Anonymous

Need some advice!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 01:44:51 PM »
you're no freaking help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  lol jk :)

Anonymous

Need some advice!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 04:02:06 PM »
I went ahead with this exhaust till I can buy a nicer one.  Not gonna map it I guess till I find a cheaper price..lol.  

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XbkLJAx0Rqw

Anonymous

Re: Need some advice!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 04:36:16 PM »
damn they only charged me 100 to put the power commander and to remap... thats here in chi-town dont know about there

Anonymous

Need some advice!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 04:40:41 PM »
I guess it's that much because of custom mapping and dyno... but I still wont pay that much...lol

crzysurf

• crzysurf
  • Administrator
  • Crzysurf
    • Facebook page
Need some advice!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 04:59:43 PM »
i know mapping your bike on a dyno last year was about $250 on a good price.  look around.

m

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
Need some advice!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 06:01:26 PM »
I put a "slip-on" Yoshi, on my bikey.....  I never put a power commander or remapped anything... my bikey still runs like a champ.... Suzuki baby.... and believe me, Ive test rode lots of bikes.... my Gixxer still compares to most bikes.... do you really need that extra power????? Are you racing or something...that you have to spend hundreds of dollars for a  remap???   Think bout it .....

Players do what they want, sukkas do what they can. :wink:

Anonymous

Need some advice!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 07:24:48 PM »
Well I just figured it was essential to re map since I do have a power commander and I did have my other exhaust custom mapped and now Im putting another exhaust on. So I wasnt sure.

SlikRick

• MSR Members
  • SOUTHWEST since '04
Need some advice!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 07:33:24 PM »
Just use the CD that came with your PCIII and use one of the maps that are on the CD. Just do like I did and try out the different maps til you find one you like. That way you can also upload the acclerator pump software and tweak it a bit more with that.
It is better to die on your feet , than to live a lifetime on your knees!

King

• Relax, It's just Sex
Re: Need some advice!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 02:29:22 PM »
if u just get a slip on you dont have to really remap your bike. if you get a full exhaust go and get a power commander and remap.. you can get the maps off the power commander site.. it works good until you have the money to tune it on the dyno.. my bike  has full exhaust and filter and power commander i used the online map till i could afford the dyno.. it runs good..  :D