Author Topic: SoCal Homes for Sale  (Read 66028 times)

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
Re: SoCal Homes for Sale
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2010, 09:49:39 AM »
my 401k is from a job that i worked at in Gardena for 12 years. It not getting any more $$ put into it since I left that job. I had a chance to borrow against it at a 1.5% pentalty so didn't see the harm in it and was advised it was a good move by my investor advisor.

I currently have a 457K, which is a Goverment Employee savings on top of my Pension. They match dollar for dollar up to 8%. This is taxed at a lower rate bcuz of being a GOV employee.

I see your point with 401k's but tell me but if you do your homework and know what to invest in and when to rearrange your investment they can pay off....and if your company matches your money put in up to a certain percentage then i dont see why its not a good idea....i mean if I put in lets say $8k a year and my company matches 8% thats about an extra $1k a year i get for free to invest.

if your retirement is bases on the equaity of your home and solely on that, well sucks to be them right now because they lost 65% of their retirments when the housing market crashed.

again...we all have have different ways of making $$ and we do what is best for us and our families. We all take and I know I do what you say in to consideration when we make investment choices, and no offence to you, but i tend to lean more with my investment advisor who again is making $$ hands over fist right now and I am on a smaller scale doing what he is doing right now move for move and making some pretty good money.

CJ nothing wrong with a Condo as a starter home and to get your feet wet in the home owning world. just make sure you look into HOA fees and that before you buy Condos/Townhomes.

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2010, 10:49:15 PM »
Ice... you are right to say, that those who retire and hope to live off the equity of their home are not well prepared for retirement... when one retires, Social Security should not be the only form of income, and one must plan to have other forms of income ie. 401K, Real Estate, etc.  I was just pointing out the disadvantage of borrowing from a 401K, which like you pointed out with home equity, it can evaporate rapidly when the stock market crashes... like it did last year and everyone and their momma was trippen that their 401K statement showed a loss instead of a profit. Other types of investing methods are off track to this thread... this is the Socal homes for sale thread..lol   

So, a little article on strategic default which is when a person purchased a house a couple of years ago and are upside down, meaning they owe more than what their house is worth... and will not pay their mortgage, but will pay their credit cards, bills, etc. 

http://www.thetruthaboutmortgage.com/what-to-pay-first-mortgage-or-credit-card/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheTruthAboutMortgagecom+%28TheTruthAboutMortgage.com%29&utm_content=Yahoo%21+Mail

Players do what they want, sukkas do what they can. :wink:

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2010, 09:27:42 PM »
It is obvious that in order to buy a house now a days, most will require to obtain a loan.  Right now, most loans(money) that is available is ultimately supplied by the government.  When a bank makes a loan, it is common for them to turn around and sell the loan to companies like Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, etc, which are basically government companies.  Right now, both Fannie and Freddie are broke, requiring to get billions from the US gov. to stay afloat.  Also, some banks sell their loans as mortgage backed securities, (groups of loans) which the Fed is buying up and has been for about a year.... which helps keep interest rates low.  As of March 31, 2010, the Fed will stop buying these securities.. therefore, it will make it even harder to get a loan, and also resulting in an increase in interest rates. That will put more downward pressure for the housing market.  Interest rates will probably start rising sometime in June, since it takes a while for the process to go through.  Less money will be available to loan, thus, those with money will ask for a higher interest rate.. once the government stops buying MBS.  This year is really a risky time to buy... in my small brain opinion, prices will remain flat, or go down more...  so, no need to rush... get your things in order to buy.

1. Improve FICO score, above 700.
2. Pay off all debt.
3. Save up to 20% for down payment.

Happy hunting.

Rudogg

• MSR Site Admins
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2010, 11:15:20 PM »
How much money do I need for a hooker? Can I get a loan for one? Do I have to have good credit?

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2010, 11:53:41 PM »
Theyll give u the $25 loan rudy.    Colt just bought a pad in pacoima. He said he got the loan pretty quick

Double_G

« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2010, 02:32:26 PM »
so according to nick i just need someone to give me 40k cash. and i'm ready to go

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2010, 04:00:32 PM »
Or 3% if u go through FHA

King

• Relax, It's just Sex
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2010, 03:19:27 AM »
im to poor

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2010, 03:20:41 PM »
Speaking of loans... which is just as important... when applying for a loan, make sure to get the new Good Faith Estimate, which will allow you to shop for the best deal in regards to closing cost, rate, terms, etc. If your planning on buying anytime soon... consider yourself as a piece of meat in shark infested waters....lol

King

• Relax, It's just Sex
« Reply #146 on: March 25, 2010, 04:25:11 PM »
 :D

Double_G

« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2010, 02:17:07 AM »
I still want a home nick sell me yours please

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2010, 12:23:17 AM »
Soon you will find it on the foreclosure lists.... haven't made a payment for the last 9 months...... living rent free...lol. screw the banks.. >:(

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2010, 11:07:48 AM »
Soon you will find it on the foreclosure lists.... haven't made a payment for the last 9 months...... living rent free...lol. screw the banks.. >:(

WHAT.....Mr ADVICE isn't paying his house payment....I think thats a lie