Author Topic: Tap vs. Bottle Water  (Read 3613 times)

crzysurf

• crzysurf
  • Administrator
  • Crzysurf
    • Facebook page
Tap vs. Bottle Water
« on: January 14, 2008, 11:32:40 AM »
Tap vs. Bottled–What Should You Drink?
Posted Mon, Jan 07, 2008, 1:10 pm PST
http://food.yahoo.com/blog/beautyeats/22317/tap-vs-bottled-what-should-you-drink
POST A COMMENT »
Glug, glug, glug--that’s the sound a ginormous number of us make as we sip bottled water in our cars, at the gym, behind our desks.
The sound you DON’T hear is the thwack of 60 million bottles a day being tossed into U.S. landfills, where they can take up to 1,000 years to biodegrade.
If that’s not enough to turn your conscience a brighter shade of green, add this: Producing those bottles burns through 1.5 million barrels of crude oil annually--enough fuel to keep 100,000 cars running for a year. Recycling helps but reusing is even better. Invest in a couple of portable, dishwasher-safe, stainless steel bottles like Klean Kanteens that won’t leach nasty chemicals into your water. (Don’t get into the habit of refilling the water bottle you just emptied; the polyethylene terephthalate it’s made of breaks down with multiple usings.)

4 REASONS TO TURN ON THE TAP
1. Tap water is tested daily
Under the Safe Drinking Water Act, water suppliers are required to provide an annual report on the quality of your local water and to test tap water daily. By comparison, the FDA examines bottled water only weekly, and consumers can’t get the agency’s results. You can easily get the lowdown on your state’s drinking water quality at http://www.epa.gov/safewater/dwinfo/index.html
2. Tap water is a bargain
Bottled water costs about 500 times more than tap. If you’re into really fancy labels, up to 1,000 times more.
3. Tap water is a tooth saver
It has more fluoride than bottled water, which helps prevent tooth decay. (Yes, you never outgrow your need for fluoride.)
4. Tap water is often tasty
Some places (New York City for one) have delicious water, but if you don’t love the flavor of yours, the solution is simple: Run your tap water through a Brita or Pur filter to remove most tastes and odors. The average home filter goes for $8.99 and produces the equivalent of 300 large (16.9 ounce) bottles of water. That’s about $0.03 cents a bottle, versus the $1.25 or so you’d pay in a market.
One last thing: Don't just think about making this switch; actually do it. Today. It does the world and you good. Plus, allowing nagging, unfinished tasks (known as NUTs) to go undone can make your RealAge 8 years older!

blayzwon

Tap vs. Bottle Water
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 12:01:40 PM »
very nice

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
Re: Tap vs. Bottle Water
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 12:01:57 PM »
Someone reads YAHOO...LOL

I just read that same article like 3 mins ago....

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
Tap vs. Bottle Water
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 12:50:12 PM »
WTF, I wouldnt waste my time with such nonsense.

Players do what they want, sukkas do what they can. :wink:

SirHitmanG

• MSR Members
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 03:19:46 PM »
the article is true.

if you want to test the correctness of this article use your kids as guinea pigs. lol

have your kids drink nothing but bottled water because you think its good for them. then take them to the dentist and you will see how many cavities they will have.

my girl doesnt let her son drink tap water becuase she thinks its bad for him so she has him drink bottled water just about everyday.
she took him to the dentist and he had a shit load of cavities and he brushes  twice daily.

the dentist asked her if he drinks tap or bottled water and she said bottled. the dentist said the same thing that bottled water has very little flouride in it to prevent cavities.

bottled water is good for convenience when you are not around a faucet or you are on the run but tap water does not hrt like most people think.
fuck you! pay me

magic..

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 03:22:56 PM »
interesting ..... 8)

crzysurf

• crzysurf
  • Administrator
  • Crzysurf
    • Facebook page
Tap vs. Bottle Water
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 03:30:22 PM »
yes, i have friend that do testing of our tap water and it's a lot better than the bottle water, as far as regulations and what not.
you can buy water with floride it in like from sparklets if you must.  
yet, you really better off with tap water.  get a brita filter if you must.

SIC J

Tap vs. Bottle Water
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 09:03:15 PM »
screw that. yea the water may be tested at the plants but it has to go a loooong way to get to your home. whens the last time you checked your pipes?

besides that, a buddy of mine used to work at a water plant and he said is disgusting seeing all the crap that the filters pick up. and YES, some of that "crap" makes it through and to your home. and now youre gonna drink it?

also, he told me that those purifiers are worthless. they only have a couple screens/filters in them. so MOST of the "crap" thats picked up in the pipes will make it through your faucet.

so GOOD LUCK drinking tap water!!! hahaha

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
Tap vs. Bottle Water
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 10:06:01 AM »
Quote from: "SIC J";p="10450"

so GOOD LUCK drinking tap water!!! hahaha

I perfer my tap water out of the garden hose on a hot summer day...instant hot water that taste like rubber...LOL

SirHitmanG

• MSR Members
Tap vs. Bottle Water
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 05:43:30 PM »
im with you ice
gotta love it. lol
fuck you! pay me

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
Tap vs. Bottle Water
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 03:51:26 PM »
Nasty tap water...lol  I heard Orange County reuses toilet water...lol thats nasty.

Players do what they want, sukkas do what they can. :wink: