Author Topic: Blackberry Pearl  (Read 12581 times)

SIC J

Blackberry Pearl
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 06:54:20 PM »
Ice its only hard to type on the Iphone for you cuz you have fat fingers! LOL

I have a Iphone and don't really have too many issues with it. Main things are you can't forward texts messages or copy and paste. I do every now and then have issues with sending picture emails. Sometimes they don't want to send out.

I just bought the new Google phone. Should receive it Monday. I messed with my homies and I liked it. Has the missing options that the Iphone lacks as well as a keyboard. The GPS is a nice option as well as it has a detachable battery. I heard the battery life isnt so great on the Google phone but the way I use my phone, it doesnt matter cuz I have to charge them twice a day no matter which on it is. haha

After I play with it for about a week I'll let you guys know how I like it. Within the first 10 mins I liked it more than the Iphone. Plus I'm bout to sell the Iphone for $400 and make $200 back by switching to the Google phone.

And I've never really been a fan of Blackberrys although I heard the Curve is a good phone.

Double_G

Blackberry Pearl
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 11:28:54 PM »
yea sic J, you do that.

Iceman, I feel your plan. but damn buying out of t mobile is $150.00 plus i'd have to pay for whatever the new blackberry comes out at $200-400 plus

that's like 200-300 extra bucks i really dont want to spend on having the best phone.

I'm thinking i dont need the greatest phone in the world, with the highest price ( cause they all get replaced in less than a year) but i need a better than average phone for the best price.

i got a few more days to decide, i cant get the g1 till nov 10th anyway if i order it in the next few days. i'll be putting my n95 on ebay tomorrow.

** anyone wanna buy a nokia n95.  $275.00 **

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
Re: Blackberry Pearl
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 01:12:19 PM »
just sell it and stay with T mo and get this

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/Cell-Phone-Detail.aspx?cell-phone=BlackBerry-Curve-Sunset

Blackberry curve....ranked top 5 phones this year and last year...

This is what I have and love the phone.....Keep in mind to take full advantage of a BB or any smart phone you need to have a DATA package....if you buy a BB or smart phone and dont have a data plan you are wasting your $$

I't like buying a LAMBO and putting 87 octane gas in it...

oh...and i say get rid of T mo because my co worker has T mo and I have ATT....same phones...same data plan and at my desk i have full bars...he has 0 bars of signal.....very poor network

Double_G

Blackberry Pearl
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 06:48:32 PM »
damn i cant listen tpo anything being said, with those damn tits poppin out that shirt. thanks for the info ice. why does the data plan have to be more for the BB on t-mobile, than any other phone. that sucks.

ice

• MSR Council
  • MSR Members
  • Test Group
Blackberry Pearl
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 09:45:19 PM »
Quote from: "Double_G";p="23151"
damn i cant listen tpo anything being said, with those damn tits poppin out that shirt. thanks for the info ice. why does the data plan have to be more for the BB on t-mobile, than any other phone. that sucks.

the cost for a personal data plan is about $30....but this allow u unlimited data...internet...emails MSN or Yahoo instant messaging along with the built in Blackberry Messenger....which allows u to IM other BB people and chat with them....

Trust me...everyone encluding me was anti Blackberry until they get one....I can't put the thing down....there is some many APPs for it...I even build my own themes for it....

swmayhem

• MSR Members
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 10:20:46 AM »
good thing you guys didnt thread jack! lol

so the phone is still for sale. its almost brand new. i wouldnt sell it to the crew if i thought it wasnt worth it.

btw everything that ice said is true except fo the switching the service. if you want to pay double for your phone bill go ahead and switch to att or verizon. their customer service sucks the hairy bean bags too!

magic..

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 10:38:08 AM »
I have that t-mobile curve and it sucks ass....i pay $24 just for the web and its shitty ..my 2

Double_G

Blackberry Pearl
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008, 05:23:55 PM »
sorry for the ppostjack swMSR. just got into my own crap trying to figure out what phone to get next.

you canbe on one subject and those ice tits through you off.

sicJ
hurry up and post a hands on review of the g1, before i pick the wrong phone.

SIC J

Blackberry Pearl
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 12:41:38 AM »
I haven't received it yet. I called t-mobile today and they're already back ordered. They said I should get it by Nov 10 but then I read a couple articles online that some people won't receive them til like Christmas!!!! there's no T-mobile store in San Diego that has them in stock. Only way to get it is if they ship it to you and thais what they had to do with mine.

Double_G

Blackberry Pearl
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 01:47:47 AM »
sic j that's bs diego sucks i guess. I called the hotline today to ask another question. then she tells me i can call some stores and see if they got them.

so i call the lakewood mall one of the bigger stores and there like naw you aint gotta wait, we got black one's in stock right now. I was like, alrighty then i might visit you tomorrow.

waiting till christmas that's b/s.

i've decided i'm going to just get the g1, I think it will be better for me overall, the BB curve is cheaper ( which i love ) but it might be a little mroe business than i need, and t mobile wont get the BB storm anytime soon. so i will get the g1 for now, and a BB a little later when i'm doing more business.

thanks for all the reviews everyone.

Double_G

Blackberry Pearl
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 10:34:26 PM »
g1 for sale for 148.88 at walmart, starting today.

SirHitmanG

• MSR Members
Blackberry Pearl
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2008, 07:49:26 AM »
Quote from: "Double_G";p="23291"

is that jsut walmarts in cali?
fuck you! pay me

magic..

Blackberry Pearl
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2008, 09:29:19 AM »
Quote from: "SirHitmanG";p="23299"
Quote from: "Double_G";p="23291"

is that jsut walmarts in cali?
It must be cause here it aint that price ....Thats a deal cj

Double_G

Blackberry Pearl
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2008, 09:25:10 PM »
it shouldn't be the internet said it will be at 550 walmarts, i'm going to buy mines sat mourning.
i called t-moble and the lady told me the walmart up the street from my house will have them, i'm gonna go there tomorrow to verifiy, first hand.

http://www.macnn.com/articles/08/10/28/wal.mart.sells.g1.cheaper/
http://www.moconews.net/entry/419-wal-mart-to-sell-g1-at-discount-taking-on-best-buy-in-mobile/

Read this note from one mad dumbazz:
http://www.crn.com/retail/211601325

Double_G

Blackberry Pearl
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2008, 01:23:58 AM »
damn i'm pissed off. so i go to walmart today, these fucks have all the signs up, they have the model phone up. then i ask the dick face what color phones they have. and he's like oh we were supposed to get them yesterday but we haven't received a shipment yet.
he's like we get shipments on tues, and thurs and for me to check back. fagz like all i can do is call another store for you.

what a prick, i need that phone on sat . i'm pissed. you would think a box full of $500 each phones wouldn't be sitting in the storage room next to halloween candy.

++ follow up ++ searched the internet, walmart is having the shame shipping issues t mobile is not enough phones, they should have them by monday nov. 3.  but watch out because im not sure if true but i heard there activation fee is $35.00 compared to t-mobiles $18.00 upgrade fee, that plus any other taxes, and it might not be saving you the $31 buck we thought.