Author Topic: anyone else sick of cops harassing us?  (Read 3209 times)

SIC J

anyone else sick of cops harassing us?
« on: May 26, 2007, 01:09:58 AM »
Seriously this crap is gettin out of hand. For those of you that know, I got a ticket along with 2 other riders for ridin from one parkin lot to another less than 100 yards away on SDSU campus for no helmet. To top it off, the cop wrote a letter to the DMV that I should have my license "re-examined" because he feels like I'm a  reckless and/or negligent driver. NOW, lets break this down. I have NO tickets or accidents in 10 years of drivin. Also, I have to re-take the DRIVERS, not motorcycle, written test. Why the hell would I have to re-take the drivers test when I WAS ON A MOTORCYCLE. What's even funnier, is I was the ONLY one who has to do this and there were 2 other people who got the same ticket. How does that work?

Then we hit up Mission Beach 2 sundays ago and cops were pulling nothing but BIKES over for stupid fix-it tickets. I sat there and watched with my own eyes see a cop just stare at a car who made an ILLEGAL U-turn right in front of me. I even yelled out "these cops should stop harassing bikes and start pullin over cars you make illegal U-turns". Guess what the cop did? NOTHING. He just looked over at me, then turned away. As soon as the car was done makin the illegal U-turn, the cop made a U-turn and pulled over another bike because he had "no reflector" on the back of his bike. I mean get real. Does this crap seem fair?

We need to take a stand. Now I understand that there are many new riders these days. But just because these new riders are being irresponsible, there is NO REASON why the responsible/experienced riders should be punished. We need to have a HUGE meeting with all the riders in SD,LA and Riverside and get a petition or something goin. "US" as riders need to do something. There are times I don't even wanna ride the streets no more cuz I'm so sick of gettin pulled over for nothing. And I'm sure many of you feel the same, right? Even if it just means cruising to the beach on a nice hot sunny day. I feel like I gotta be the "perfect" rider and make sure my bike is in "complete" workin order. I don't even have a SIC or SoCalStunts.com sticker on my bike cuz of this.

If anyone knows the best way to go about the best way to take "LEGAL" action, post up. I was thinkin of even doin a video of all the people who have been pulled over for havin a SIC/SoCalStunts/ Mayhem sticker or wearin a "stuntriding is not a crime" sweater or any other club name. I know there's a BUNCH of you that have been pulled over for reasons like this.

LETS AT LEAST TRY TO DO SOMETHING. Cuz this summer is gonna be waaaaaay out of hand. Lets not have our freedom of riding ruined by bad law enforcement and harassment. We need to be able to PROVE it. Maybe carry a tape recorder with you or something. I used to carry one back in the import racing days. As soon as you get pulled over, just hit the record button. The cops don't have to know you have it and you don't have to tell them you do. Any other ideas would be great!

tui

Re: anyone else sick of cops harassing us?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 06:24:25 AM »
i'd talk to a lawyer then hold a press conference protesting the prejudicial profiling the cops have against motorcyclists. then do a burn out and a high chair on tv when it's over.  :lol:

SirHitmanG

• MSR Members
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 07:34:04 AM »
you guys got it bad out there.  acouple of days ago the cops were telling me to do a wheelie for the fuck of it. 8)
fuck you! pay me

el mero mero

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 08:31:02 AM »
ur right sic j...i got pulled over for no rear reflector and he added speeding on top of it....i'm fighting it, already mailed my trial by written declaration statement...dumb mofo didnt put his vehicle number on the ticket, therefore the court cant properly calibrate his patrol car, instant dismissal...i still have to get that rear reflector signed off...which means i have to talk to more cops...ugh!

im willing to give a 2 min spill on video about being harrassed!

sign up for the sport bike assoc...they have lawyers and lobbyist that are pro motorcycle rights...right now they're actually trying to ban re-tread tires on semis..cuz they fall off and kill a shit load of bikers each year.

oh ya, i do have a digital recorder too ;-]

be safe my broz!

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 12:11:12 PM »
since you guys have the helmet law.... you guys should install a camera on your helmets and record that shit when your out riding...

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 12:43:43 PM »
Sic J...leave an email addy for ppl to contact you and I will re-post your post on every single biker forum I can find, plus blast it on myspace. Get the word out to everyone!! Sorry you had to put up with that bullshit. I figured being in OC I would get messed with like out on Main st and whatnot but they havent yet...*knock on wood*

But I'll help get the word out for sure!!

magic..

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 01:50:46 PM »
Thats some bs there...We always going to have them bitch as cops in every state.

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 01:27:03 PM »
Cops were in effect this week end, I got pulled over yesterday (in my car) because the bulb for my left signal was out, and as he was writing the ticket I saw ATLEAST 10 cops patrolling the area pulling people over back to back. I recorded the cop giving me the ticket I will post it  later on, heh. But no big deal it's just a fix it ticket for me, but yeah seems like they had nothing better to do.