Author Topic: The Sopranos  (Read 3645 times)

weechona

The Sopranos
« on: June 13, 2007, 02:00:24 PM »
Ok for those that saw the final scene in the last episod what do you think?  I for one was pissed off thinking my cable went out.  the director Chase had me sitting in the edge of my chair wondering who the hell was going to whack Tony and when.  At first I hated the ending, but with time and some thought behind it, I feel it was a great ending.  He never saw it coming and thats what is refernced when getting whacked.  You never see it coming.  Thinking how he was happy with wife, happy with his son getting outta depression and knowing his daughter got a job offer with a lawyer firm starting at $170,000 a year Tony was appy with life.  Not to mention the beef with Phil was over.  then just before Meadow sits down at the table to complete everything, booooooooooooooooooooom life is over.  Anyone have any opinions?  I know that some characters that were focused on in the diner scene were people from tonys past.  I know the "brothas" by juke box were from another episod where Phil hired them to hit Tony, the trucker wanted Tony killed because of the stolen DVD players.  Any other insight???

I thought who was going to whack Tony.  Was it his son that wanted to take over the business?  Was it Pauly trying to do a power move?  Was Tony behind the whacking of his made men trying to restructure his organization? Maybe Phil finally gets to Tony? Who did you think was going to get Tony and how? I regret not watching this show years ago.

Here is a good link as to the characters and a little history on them.
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/cast/

Bart ONE!

Re: The Sopranos
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 02:57:10 PM »
didnt watch it...i was out RIDING....lol...no for real, i didnt watch it cause im broke and dont have cable...lol..

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
The Sopranos
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 03:30:25 PM »
I watched it here and there, read the ending online and was like WTF! weeeeeeak! But I'm sure they'll make a movie about it to make more $?

magic..

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 03:38:12 PM »
Never watched it at all....2 busy watching first 48 lol

weechona

The Sopranos
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 03:54:10 PM »
As for the movie deal, I heard an interview with writter/director David Chase and he denies any plans to make a movie.  If he were to make a movie, it will be about Tonys parents and their lives.  But this is Hollywood and money talks, bullsh1+ walks.

SlikRick

• MSR Members
  • SOUTHWEST since '04
The Sopranos
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 04:30:28 PM »
Thats exactly what I thought when I watched the last show, he's contemplating how good life has turned out despite all the conflict, then bam, see ya.
It is better to die on your feet , than to live a lifetime on your knees!

tui

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 04:48:07 PM »
i don't think he gets whacked.  they give you all the anticipation that he may get killed from the wop sitting at the diner bar, the black guys who walked in, even the trucker dude with the hat. the ending gives them a way out to make another episode or turn it into a movie.

CORONA

• MSR Council
  • I'm a post whore!
The Sopranos
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 05:35:28 PM »
Never watch sitcoms.... im too busy playing halo2...lol

Players do what they want, sukkas do what they can. :wink:

FerNie Rox!

• MSR Members
  • I'm a post whore!
The Sopranos
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 06:22:56 PM »
Quote from: "magic..";p="4133"
Never watched it at all....2 busy watching first 48 lol
hah that shit it koo too

Quote from: "weechona";p="4134"
As for the movie deal, I heard an interview with writter/director David Chase and he denies any plans to make a movie.  If he were to make a movie, it will be about Tonys parents and their lives.  But this is Hollywood and money talks, bullsh1+ walks.
Yep let someone show him a goo dcheck

Quote from: "CORONA NICK";p="4141"
Never watch sitcoms.... im too busy playing halo2...lol
Gears is better!

marvin

• is that all you got
  • I'm a post whore!
  • 101st ABN
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 12:49:04 AM »
i started watching the 4th season... and have since then bought all the past dvd season collections.. to get the entire story...

i too thought the ending was a fluke.... until.. i thought about the.. "back by popular demand"... show...  Theyre just giving everyone a break...

besides whos to say, they dont come back with AJ taking over.. and a father and son team taking the whole family.. new york, kansas,,.. the whole thing... ?

If it was the end before getting wacked....... it would suck balls.....

I think it was the guy that walked into the rest room....

i pray for a return season or possible movie part 1 thru 6 like star wars.....
FUCK YOU